TESTRITE SMARTFORCE SHRINKAGE TESTER
The Testrite SmartForce™ Computerised Shrinkage Tester is a sophisticated dual-channel shrinkage and force measurement instrument designed to test the performance of materials under heat stress including industrial and technical yarns, plastic, tapes, filament, monofilament, hybrid and spun yarns for textile applications such as nylon, polyethylene, polyester, polypropylene and viscose, etc.
The SmartForce™ Computerised Yarn Shrinkage Tester can determine the free Thermal Shrinkage or Shrinkage Force in a yarn as it is exposed to a pre-set temperature ranging from ambient to 250°C (max). One or two samples can be tested simultaneously and with a choice of either two free shrinkage, two force or one of each at the same time.The duration of test is also variable.
As with the Mk3 and Mk5 models the temperature is closely and accurately controlled. The SmartForce™ System consists of an oven unit and a PC software package. The oven unit comprises the heater, temperature controller, shrinkage and force measuring transducers and a data unit, all housed in a robust steel cabinet.
The original Testrite Shrinkage Tester was used for the development of the ASTM D5591 designated test method and also conforms to EN 13844. Now this new updated model also conforms as does its predecessors, the Mk3 and Mk5 (which are still available).
The software package supplied is very user friendly and works on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 , Windows 8 Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. All the test parameters are set using the computer and allow a variety of result combinations.
Testrite has produced yarn free shrinkage testing measurement machines since 1965 and boast a wealth of experience in this field. The first unit was originally designed for Dunlop to test their tyre cord yarns. Many famous tyre cord manufacturers use Testrite as their standard.
Testrite can also supply a suitable PC if required (UK Only).
CLICK TO OPEN SPECIFICATION
- Power supply either 220-240 v.a.c. or 110 v.a.c. 50-60 Hz. Single Phase
- Power consumption – maximum 1000w (5 amp at 220 volt)
- Maximum test temperature 250°C
- Result values up to 35% shrinkage – 5% elongation
- Load cell range either 0-25 or 0-100 Newtons
- Maximum pretension weight allowable 300g (list of weights available)
- Free shrinkage resolution – 0.1%
- Shrinkage force resolution – 0.1 Newton
- Temperature display resolution – 0.1°C
- Heater length 10 inches (250mm)
- Nett weight 20kg Gross weight 25kg
- PC software package is designed for a standard PC running any Windows package including Windows 7, Windows 8, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Minimum PC specification: AMD Athlon 64 or Pentium 4 class machine of 1.5 gHz speed, 512 megabytes RAM 30 megabytes hard disk space (more required for test results)
- XVGA colour display with 1024 by 768 pixel resolution (1280 by 1024 pixel resolution preferred) and 16-bit colour
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
- Standard (not USB) nine pin serial port